I just read that writing in the third person is pretentious, so I’m making a little change here. Actually it felt pretentious and unnatural. Please don’t mistake the use of the pronoun I as self-serving; this is all about your needs and how I can help you accomplish them.
Call me Valerie. My legal name on documents is Valerie R. Federoff. I am a certified elementary school teacher substituting for seven years. I am moonlighting as a freelance writer and tutor. I am passionate about good communication, have a strong work ethic, and give strong attention to detail.
I love to produce interesting and effective writing that makes a strong positive impact and gets results. I enjoy doing research, writing copy, and developing promotional literature. I love writing both non-fiction and fiction.
I believe quality work reflects my identity; therefore I strive for perfection and professionalism. I pride myself in punctuality, quality and organization.
My writing skills include:
- Clear, concise newsletters
- Copy writing
- Microsoft Word 2007
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2007
- Press releases
- bachelors in sociology/psychology; masters in teaching
- Writing for Children and Teens from Institute of Children’s Literature
- Writing at the River workshop series, Toms River Branch, Ocean County Library
- Breaking into Publication from Long Ridge Writing Institute – in progress
- Freelancing 101 from Universal Class
- Copyediting and Proofreading from Universal Class
I have volunteered in several capacities and organizations and worked as a substitute teacher. In Girl Scouts USA and Boy Scouts of America, I have assisted scouts to develop their leadership skills, marketing skills, computer skills, and communication skills.
Contact me at 908-910-3577 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We can discuss your needs. I offer the following professional services at competitive rates: